Brazilian Recipe #2

Friday, August 13, 2010

A few nights ago, I tried the second Brazilian recipe that I took from http://www.brazilianrecipes.org/.  This looked similar to what I ordered at Cafe Do Brazil, and I was hoping to duplicate it!  It was very similar, but needs some tweaking for next time.   The sauce/soup was REALLY thin , and just soaked into the rice instead of sitting on top.  Tasted good, but texture was less than desireable.  Next time, I will add less water, and simmer UNcovered to reduce down.  In fact, I might even use chicken stock rather than water for a richer flavor.  Ok, not might.  WILL!!
Sorry I didn't include a picture this time, I totally forgot!


Bacalhau a Baiana

Ingredients:



* 450g/1lb Salted Cod (salt fish) pre-soaked overnight (I used shrimp, and it was fab)

* 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil

* 1 Onion, grated

* 1 Garlic Clove, crushed

* 1 Red Capsicum (sweet Pepper) deseeded and chopped

* 1 Green Capsicum (sweet Pepper) deseeded and chopped

* 3 Tomatoes, finely chopped

* 240ml/8fl.oz. Hot Water (I thought this was too much, will take it down to 1/4 c. next time, and will add more if needed)

* Salt and Black Pepper

* 1 tbsp Dende (palm) Oil (I used olive oil because they didn't have palm oil at Crest.  Surely it wouldn't make a difference...)

* 240ml/8fl.oz. Thick Coconut Milk

* 100g/4oz Spring Onions, chopped (both white and green parts)



Preparation:



1. Drain the fish and remove any skin and bones. Pat dry with kitchen paper and cut it into 5cm/2-inch pieces.

2. Heat the oil in a saucepan add the onion, garlic, and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.

3. Add the tomatoes, fish, and hot water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. (Note: I think I will simmer UNcovered to reduce down and intensify flavors)

4. Season to taste with pepper and stir in the dende oil, coconut milk and the spring onions. Heat through gently without allowing the mixture to boil. Serve hot.

0 comments:

Nourish 'n Flourish Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Provided By Free Blogger Templates | Freethemes4all.com

Free Website templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates