Southwest Chipotle Burgers

Friday, August 13, 2010

We love burgers at our house, but since we eat them without a bun, I am always trying to ideas to jazz them up a bit.  A few nights ago, I decided to look South of the border for my inspiration!  I love the flavor of Chipotle Chilis in Abodo Sauce, so I grabbed a can last time I went to the store to use in the burgers.  If you've never eaten a fried egg on top of a burger, than this is the perfect time for you to give it a try.  So good!  Here's the recipe.
(Dear Amy S., I need help with my pictures xoxo)

Southwest Chipotle Burgers

1 lb. grass-fed ground beef (http://www.plumrichbeef.com/)
1/2 cup chopped onion
Chipotle Chilis in Abodo Sauce, chopped, along with just a little of the sauce--to taste (I cut up about 4 of the chilis, and the burgers were fairly spicy.  I didn't put these in the kids burgers)
2 t. ground cumin
2 t. dried cilantro leaves
1/2 t. salt

Fried eggs, 1 per burger
Guacamole'

Mix first 6 ingredients together well--hands work best!  Divide into 4 parts for 1/4 lb. patties.

Heat skillet with a little olive oil just to keep burgers from sticking.  Cook burgers just until juices run clear, flipping halfway through.  If you're using PlumRich Longhorn Beef like I did, I cooked them for about 6 minutes per side.

Top burger with a fried egg, and a sprinkle of cheese.  Serve with guacamole' on the side.

1 comments:

Book Worm said...

Your pictures look great but I'll help you anytime.

Nourish 'n Flourish Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Provided By Free Blogger Templates | Freethemes4all.com

Free Website templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates