Food...finally

Monday, July 12, 2010

I finally got to the grocery store today, which is a good thing since I was becoming weary of getting "creative" with existing pantry items!  I don't like going to the store.  Can you tell?  Thankfully, Crest had some great sales and the children were well-behaved. So, I am sane, and our pantry is stocked again.
Dinner had to be quick tonight, so I decided to fix one of our new favs, a Fritatta.  A Fritatta is like a quiche, only without the crust.  It is full of protien, and very filling! For this one, I sort of combined a couple of different recipes to turn it into what I wanted, and it turned out to be delicious!

Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Fritatta

10 eggs, beaten
Chopped sun-dried tomatoes, to taste
Herb and garlic goat cheese
4 bacon rashers
Pesto

Pour about 3 T. olive oil into the bottom of a cast iron skillet.  Pour in beaten eggs, sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and bacon, then drop in bits of goat cheese.  (I was timid with the amount I put in, but wished I'd put in more.  It's so good!)
Place on the stove top for about 8-10 minutes, do NOT stir, then finish cooking in the oven at 400 degrees until set.  After it's out of the oven, spread a little pesto on the top.  Yum!

Note:  No, my kids don't care for goat cheese and sun-dried tomatos, so I just sprinkled bacon and mozzerella cheese on their portion!

0 comments:

Nourish 'n Flourish Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Provided By Free Blogger Templates | Freethemes4all.com

Free Website templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates