Tacos

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tacos are one of our favorite meals.  Though the corn tortillia is not paleo, they are a much better option than flour, and are gluten free.  This past year, I have started making my own taco seasoning after reading the ingredient list on my "Old El Paso" taco seasoning mix. MSG, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (ie: gluten), and some preservatives that I cant pronounce.  It's no wonder everyone is getting cancer!  That stuff contains more chemicals than my bathroom cleaner.  Ok, I exaggerate a bit.  Still, we gotta read our labels, people.  I now step off my soapbox, and get ready to type out some recipes.  Thank you.

Beef:
1 lb. grass-fed ground beef (http://www.plumrichbeef.com/)
Taco Seasoning (recipe below)
2/3 C. water or gluten free chicken broth

Brown ground beef.  Then add seasoning and water, and simmer for about 3-4 minutes or until water is evaporated.

Taco Seasoning:
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. dried cilantro leaves
2 T. chili powder
1 T. cumin
Couple dashes of smoked paprika
1/2 t. salt  (you may want to add more later to the meat per your taste)

For these tacos, I added fresh cilantro, pre-made pico, and chopped avacado.

1 comments:

Hannah S. said...

I've started making my own taco seasoning too. It tastes so much better!

Nourish 'n Flourish Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Provided By Free Blogger Templates | Freethemes4all.com

Free Website templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates